Ramanujan may have Ordinal Linguistic Personification, and that condition may have allowed him to see patterns in numbers that others miss. It may also have sparked interest in numbers or allowed him to see new and novel solutions to problems.
Yes, I think this is a good opportunity to learn about different cultures and interesting trivia in math to help spur students’ interests in math. People tend to put more effort and passion into learning and developing a skill when they feel a personal connection to the skills they are learning. Giving out information and doing exercises related to developing those connections are good ways to build interest in math topics.
Personally, I like the number 6. The number 6 means everything is going smooth, and both my wedding anniversary and my daughter’s birthday is on 16, so I feel it is very important for me. I like the spring months in Vancouver since the whole city is so beautiful as a big garden with cherry bloomsome and all other flowers and plants. In this season, I will plant some vegetables and flowers in my own garden and enjoy watching them grow every day, just like a teacher see students are growing in learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment