Watching the video and reading the paper, I was touched since it is fascinating that the abstract mathematical proof can be represented by dancing. I would have never known mathematics could be so connected to arts and music without taking this course.
The first part that I was impressed by the pedagogical approach that co-authors can experiment with their own forms of dancing proofs of Euclidean and other geometric theorems, as a way of experiencing the logic of proof in more visceral ways that are more approachable to secondary/post-secondary levels learners.
The second part that I stopped is designing the dances. I admire the co-authors' similarity of mathematical proofs and dance that are both involving step-by-step procedures and can translate the abstract mathematical proofs steps to dance steps.
Another part that touched me is the first dance for proof of the prop. 1 in book 1, the dancers need to draw identical circles by creatively using their arms as radii, then the dances need to do mirror each other exactly. I believe the dancers must practice so many times for the 6-second dance because I think it is difficult to do the mirroring in positions in nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment