Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reflection on this course
This course opened my mind to the history of mathematics. It is fascinating to read the articles from the Crest of Peacock to Trivium and...
-
I saw this symbol before, but I didn't know the associated myth. It is interesting to read. The most fascinating parts I found in my res...
-
Here is the new question : Sam and Jack had 80 erasers in total. After Sam giving 1/3 of his erasers and Jack, Sam and Jack had an equal...
-
"THE seven liberal arts? the trivium composed of grammar, logic, and rhetoric, and the quadrivium made up of arithmetic, music, geomet...


Megan, thank you for sharing about the two hour time periods connected to animals in Ancient Chinese telling time. I also like your point about only needing two cuneiform symbols for a base 60 system. Did you know that we have three bones in our feet that we call cuneiform in English?
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, thanks for your comment. It is interesting and I didn't know these bones in our feet called cuneiform in English.I learned one more word :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Amanda and Megan! I'm fascinated to hear about these bones with this interesting wedge-shaped name. I will look this up!
ReplyDelete