Egyptian way to solve this problem
A modern way to solve this problem
Self Reflection:
Through this assignment, I have learned how to solve the volume of pyramid frustum by the Egyptian method and modern method. When I got this question, I realized the 3D models weren't exit at Egyptian time, so I need to solve it in 2D. Then I started to draw the front view and the top views of the square-based pyramid. From the 2D, I can use the ratio of similar triangles properties to express H-the height of the pyramid by h-the height of frustum. This is the main part of this question. The rest of the steps are using the formula of pyramid and substitutions. The extension part wasn't taking long to figure out since I also used similar triangle ratios in 2D. The harder part is to solve the area of a single triangle using trigonometry. After that, it is easy to clean up and get the formula.
I spent the most time on the modern method. I feel it is harder to visualize many cut pieces in 3D, especially for the extended version. I like the Egyptian method, which is simple and easy, and I think this is the method I learned when I was in high school.



Great work, Megan and group! There's another part of this assignment that I might not have made very clear: you need to add a reflective post on what you learned from this project. There is still time to do it!
ReplyDeleteHi Susan, thank you for reminding me.Sorry about that.I added my reflection part at the end of my post.I hope it works.
ReplyDeleteThank you Megan! This is very good.
ReplyDelete