Thursday, September 24, 2020

Homework for Monday, Sept. 28: Create your own Babylonian-style base 60 multiplication table for the number forty-five

       I  spent some time to solve this mystery. It is interesting. Based on my results, I concluded this is a reciprocal convert to a decimal table. There did not have 7,11, and 13 since the numbers 7, 11, and 13 are all prime numbers their reciprocal cannot change to corresponding decimals. 

     

 



        It was fun to find the pairs to multiply to 45. I was trying to get two fraction numbers that time to 45, I found it was a bit harder to find both fractions in the pair.



           





1 comment:

  1. Well done, Megan! It's great that you spotted the reciprocal table for base 60 too.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection on this course

  This course opened my mind to the history of mathematics. It is fascinating to read the articles from the Crest of Peacock to Trivium and...